Atomic Aquatics SS1
Atomic Aquatics SS1 is the newest and most sophisticated product of its type, taking the concept to new levels of convenience, reliability and performance. It contains a high flow second stage that performs on the same level as many high performance second stages. It will deliver high flow rates to a diver at depth with a minimum of effort.
It is, however very stable and not prone to unnecessary free-flow or leakage from water movement while swimming, or during entries or exits. The inflator/deflator is easy to operate with soft surfaced buttons placed where they can be easily operated with one hand.
One of the most unique features of the SS1 is its adaptability to almost any BCD. Atomic has designed a set of adapters (patent pending) to fit virtually every poplar BCD brand available. The adapters also include components for attaching the cable exhaust feature of your existing BCD (if applicable).
The SS1 features a quick disconnect not only on the low-pressure hose, but the BCD hose as well. The adapters that fit the SS1 to the BCD are connected to the SS1 with a threaded collar that can be easily unscrewed to detach it completely from the BCD. Now you can carry or store the SS1 with your primary regulator of gauges (patent pending).
- Patented Atomic Titanium Seat Saving Dynamic Orifice prevents wear of the low-pressure seat that extends the service interval and improves reliability.
- Titanium lever is the link to your air supply and will never fail due to rust or corrosion.
- The SS1 is compatible for EAN mixtures up to 50% Oxygen.
- Integrated flexible purge cover allows purge of the regulator when depressed anywhere on the cover surface.
- High-flow LP hose & disconnect is interchangeable with many other models yet smaller size and lighter in weight.
- Adaptable to a wide variety of BC hoses and sizes. The SS1 can be fitted to virtually any make or model BC. (US Patent No. 6,761,163)
- BC Quick-Disconnect system gives you the option to remove the SS1 from the jacket for transport with your regulator system or use on another BC.
- Large oversized and ergonomically-shaped buttons are easy to find for pneumatic or oral inflation/deflation. They are easy to distinguish and faced with soft tactile rubber surfaces.
- Low-profile elliptical design allows the body of the SS1 to lie flat against the BC keeping it out of the way and reducing drag.